It’s Officially Spooky Season in Connecticut

Chase Peterson   Staff Writer

It’s that time of year again where the monsters come out to play and zombies raise from the dead. If you’re looking for something scary to do this season, you’ve come to the right place. Connecticut is filled with haunted attractions, whether it’s created by volunteers or a real haunted house.

First on the list to check out is Nightmare on Wolcott Street which is located on 1058 Wolcott Street Waterbury, Connecticut. It’s an indoor haunted house that has over fifty-five rooms that will leave you shaking. Each room has its own scary theme ranging from vampires to killer clowns. They also include chainsaws, creepy sounds, animatronics, live characters, and anything else that will leave you with nightmares. They’re open every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of October.

Their hours run from 6:00 p.m. to midnight every day except Sunday, when it’s only open until 10:00 p.m. and tickets cost $15.00.

Second place to check out is Nightmare Acres, another haunted house that will leave you terrified. It’s located on 240 Governors Highway South Windsor, Conn. This place is known for making your nightmares come to life. The reviews go on and on about how realistic the actors were and how they never missed a chance to scare people. It’s running every Friday and Saturday of October and Sunday, Oct. 7 from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Sunday is only until 10:00 p.m. The last day is November 7th which is what they call a “lights out” event that will have everything extra frightening. Tickets are $15 plus tax at the door.

Now for haunted places that aren’t just haunted now, but year-round. Union Cemetery in Easton, Conn. might be the most well-known paranormal site in Connecticut. Rumor has it that The White Lady resides there and has been caught by many witnesses. She’s even been caught on camera. There’s no confirmed story on how she got there, however, some say she was murdered and left on the church grounds while others believe she’s looking for a lost child. She’s also been seen there with some other spirits, such as one called the Hitchhiker.

Fairfield hills which is located in Newtown, Conn. is an abandoned mental institution that had patients that weren’t treated right and underwent inhumane methods of therapy. It’s said that spirits of the old patients still reside there, and visitors have said to of heard various noises such as screams and moans. They also reported seeing dark figures.

Connecticut has a wide range of haunted attractions that are fit for anyone who dares to go. This state is also notorious to the hit horror movie “A Haunting in Connecticut.” If you’re looking for something spooky to do this Halloween, Connecticut is the place to be.