Get Ready: It’s Almost Turkey Day!

Chase Peterson   Staff Writer

This upcoming holiday is one that everyone looks forward to. It is the time of year where you get to eat all the turkey and pumpkin pie you want and be thankful for everything that you have. I’m pretty sure we can all guess what holiday this is.
Thanksgiving has been a tradition that has been celebrated since 1621 and continues to be honored to this day. It’s a festivity that helps bring family and friends together from all over; people sometimes travel around the world in order to celebrate with their families.

I think we all know what everyone’s favorite part of this day is: the food. Every Thanksgiving, my family loads up our bags, and dogs, and head to New Hampshire to celebrate the wonderful day with my family. Right when I walk into the house, my nose is overwhelmed with all the amazing smells of the food. We usually also start off with my Nanny’s famous cream cheese, egg and olive dip to hold us over while the rest of the family arrives. Once the turkey is finally done, all the food gets placed out on the counter where everyone serves themselves.

I feel like every family always has the classics: turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and stuffing. My family, however, adds their own personal touches to the menu. At ours, we always have two different turkeys, one that is grilled and one that is roasted.

At this point of the day, everyone’s stomachs are rumbling, asking to be fed all the amazing food. Once everyone has filled their entire plate and takes their seat at the table, including the kids table, and begins the best part, which is devouring the anticipated food. The food isn’t the only thing that matters, of course. Simply getting to sit there and enjoy amazing food with all your loved ones is a great experience. For some people, Thanksgiving is the only time they see their family, so this time together is very special.

This year, take this holiday to enjoy some really good food and have some quality time with family and friends. It’s important to remember why the holiday season is so important. Family is everything. And, don’t forget to enjoy a slice of pumpkin pie!