Perfect Gifts For Your Secret Santa This Holiday Season

Chase Peterson   Staff Writer

It’s the time of year again where friends and families gather around to draw a name out of hat. Secret Santa is a timeless holiday tradition that many people participate in for a lot of reasons. It’s a fun, cost-effective way for all of your friends and family to give and receive gifts.

One problem that can arise when doing secret Santa is not knowing what to get the person whose name you drew. It’s ideal that the gift is something he or she will like and use often. It’s a tough choice to make. Worry no longer, here are five different ideas that you can use to wow your secret Santa.

One: Something from the heart. People love things that are personalized for them. For example, for $10 on anthroplogie.com you can get a Tiled Monogram Mug with their initial on it. There are many other options as well, such as making something from scratch. You can find a lot of ideas on Pinterest.

Second: Shed some light. Candles can help bring wonderful scents into any area. There are so many choices to choose from and can be found in many stores. Yankee Candle is a great place to look. However, if you’re rolling on a budget, check out Walmart or TJ Maxx. Sometimes, those stores have Yankee Candle candles for a fraction of the price.

Third: Some good food. I think everyone shares a common love for food, but we don’t all share the trait of being a good cook. With that in mind, Delish has new cookbook called “Eat Like Every Day’s the Weekend.” You can find it on Amazon for $18.24. Gift cards to restaurants are also a great go-to for your secret Santa.

Fourth: A caffeine fix. Personally, almost everyone I know runs on caffeine, so a good gift idea would be a travel mug. On Amazon, for $22, you can get a Joco Reusable Coffee Cup that has a clear glass body and bright colored silicone sleeve. Add a Dunkin Donuts gift card into the gift to make it even better.

Fifth: A head start. No better time to start thinking about next year than when it’s right around the corner. Get a classic 12-month planner on bando.com for $20. Also, there are many websites online where you can customize a calendar.

You can never go wrong getting your secret Santa one of these gifts. Whether it’s from the heart or from the store, a gift is something to appreciate. Happy Holidays!