Join UROC in “Eastern it’s Cold Outside”

Jennifer Zuniga   Advertising Manager

In spite of the cold weather, UROC (University Residential Outreach Council) will be hosting their first event named “Eastern It’s Cold Outside” on Tuesday, Feb. 19 from 5-7pm in the Betty Tipton Room in the Student Center. UROC is the student-run governing body for the Residence Hall Associations (RHA) from each residence hall. Every semester they have at least six events. Rachel Carterud who is the Director of Programming has come up with events named “Eastern It’s Cold Outside,” “The Maury Show,” “Spring Into A New Year,” “Hypnotist,” “Red Sox Game,” and “Stay Up With UROC.” These events were created based on her own ideas and suggestions from residents on campus.

As students, we prioritize school. However, we are should still relax by focusing our minds to other activities. This event is open to residents and non-residents, so anyone can come as long as you are a student at Eastern.

At this event, there will be pillow stuffing and snow globes. The snow globes will have a picture that you take that day, inside of it. We will also be handing out grab and go kits with chapstick, UROC socks, and lotion. As a refreshment, there will be hot chocolate and cookies that you can decorate with toppings of your liking. In addition, they are meant to release stress and help with creativity. If you are interested and have time, I highly recommend that you attend. Additionally, come to the UROC meetings, which are held on Wednesday at 12-1pm in Student Center Room 107 for an opportunity to be more involved with their programs.