The Jonas Brothers Return

Alyssa Law   Contributing Writer

The Jonas Brothers are back together after almost six years and have released a new single. After the Disney-made band of brothers broke up in 2013, we haven’t heard from them as a group. Nick Jonas released a few solo albums, of which many songs became Top 10 hits, Joe Jonas formed a band called DNCE, which also released songs that made it high into the charts, and Kevin Jonas starred in a reality show called “Married to Jonas,” among many other projects.

On Friday, March 1, the group broke their silence and released a new single called “Sucker.” In the two weeks since, the song has made it on the Billboard Hot 100 chart all the way to the number one spot. According to Billboard.com, this is the second ever single released by a group to make the number one spot since Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” in 1998. This is also the first time since 2003 that a song performed by a group has made it to the number one spot.

As if the unexpected reunion didn’t excite fans enough, the band also released a fun music video accompanying the new song. It features Kevin, his wife Danielle Jonas, Joe and his fiancé Sophie Turner, and Nick and his wife Priyanka Chopra Jonas. The video is an assemblage of clips of the group at a huge mansion. The girls are dressed in bright, colorful, and garish outfits and the boys seem to be swooning over them as they sing. We see a group tea party in the garden, dancing around the library, and a huge dinner party with food that looks like it comes of out a fairy-tale. The video has over 75 million views to date.

In the years prior to their breakup, the Jonas Brothers worked with Disney, releasing four albums together and starring in movies and TV shows on the Disney Channel. Their songs often reached the top 40 rankings on the Billboard Hot 100 chart with a few even making it into the top 10 slots. Popular songs include “Burnin’ up” and “Tonight”. Other well-known songs include “Love Bug,” “Year 3000” and “S.O.S.” It is currently unknown whether the band will go on tour, but we can only hope to hear these great songs, both old and new, live.