Fall Concert Preview: A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie

Marissa Starkel   Contributing Writer

Students have been eagerly waiting for months to find out who the headliner will be for the annual fall concert. On Sunday, Sept. 29, 2019, the Campus Activity Board (CAB) will hold their annual fall concert. This year, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie will be the headliner for the show.

The New York rapper is famous for his hit songs “Drowning,” “Swervin,” and “Look Back at It.” His new song, “Mood Swings” was released only a few days ago, just in time for his big debut here at Eastern.

The opening act is local rapper, Snowsa from New Haven. Many students are upset that the opening act is not a well-known artist, while others believe that it is a good opportunity for a growing artist.

“I definitely do think it’s important to give local artists opportunities to be seen and spread their work, but I know that a lot of other colleges get bigger names.

This  brings people together and boosts the morale of the whole campus when people are excited about it,” Emily Denis, a senior at Eastern said.

Many students have been waiting impatiently for CAB to put on an enjoyable show due to past disappointment from prior performances. Some feel that the last fun concert that took place was with Lil Baby in the fall of 2018 and Mac Miller in the spring of 2017. In the past, students have felt that their opinions were not taken into consideration when CAB picked the headliners and opening acts.

Last semester, Rich the Kid was originally the headliner for the Spring 2019 concert, but Eastern decided to cancel his performance. This left many confused and disappointed toward the committee of CAB. Comments on CAB’s Instagram were almost all negative, which has put even more pressure on CAB to put on an enjoyable show.

“I’m really excited because this is the first concert I’ll get to go to. He’s more well-known than previous artists, so I think it will definitely be a lot of fun,” Sam Rosa, a junior at Eastern said.

The announcement of A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie has left students commenting almost all positive comments on CAB’s Instagram, @cabeastern.

Early Entry passes with a poster for $15 are available for 75 people while supplies last. Tickets can be purchased at the student center information desk. Tickets are $25 for students, $30 for guests and $40 at the door.