Matt Evarts Staff Writer
The NFL Season is in full swing, and, while some rookies have come out of the gates strong, others have struggled to make an impact. Let’s revisit this past draft to see if some of the highest drafting teams made a mistake.
1. Arizona Cardinals: Re-Draft: QB Kyler Murray, Original Pick: Kyler Murray
Coming into the draft Arizona desperately needed to draft a quarterback and the best QB in this draft was Kyler and they won’t be changing it up here.
2. San Francisco 49ers: Re-Draft: DE Nick Bosa, Original Pick: Nick Bosa
Both of the first two picks are not changing up in this re-draft. The younger brother of Chargers pro-bowl DE Joey Bosa came into the draft as one of the most hyped defensive players since Jadaveon Clowney and so far, he has been great.
3. New York Jets: Re-Draft: WR Marquise Brown, Original Pick: DT Quinnen Williams
Brown has shown so far this season that he was the best wide receiver in this year’s draft. This season he has hauled in 21 receptions for 326 yards and 3 TDs. He is doing this with a quarterback that is not that good at throwing the ball accurately down-field. The New York football Jets need a playmaker that Sam Darnold can get the ball to and in this Re-Draft, I can’t see them passing on this playmaking WR who is also cousin to future Hall of Famer Antonio Brown.
4. Oakland Raiders: Re-Draft: DT Quinnen Williams, Original Draft: DE Celil Ferrell
Quinnen Williams coming out of Alabama was touted as the best overall players in the draft and what the raiders need is defensive players that can both stop the run and get pressure on the quarterback. Williams does that coming up the middle.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Re-Draft: DE Celil Ferrell, Original Pick: LB Devin White
Celil Ferrell this season has 3 tackles for loss and is an important piece of Oakland’s improved defense and he will do the same for a Tampa’s defense that is bottom 3rd in the league. This defense could use Ferrells size and speed to get after the QBs in the division that like quick throws.
6. New York Giants: Re-Draft: QB Daniel Jones, Original Draft: Daniel Jones
Oh, how the Giants fans were wrong about this pick, booing this guy on draft night has come back to prove them wrong. After not starting the first two games and being put in against the buccaneers he is 2-2 as a starter and is looking like their quarterback of the future to go along with their all-pro RB Saquan Barkley.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Re-Draft: TE TJ Hockenson, Original Pick: LB Josh Allen
Jacksonville takes Hockenson here because their offense is missing the one piece over the middle. Hockenson was the best TE coming out since Rob Gronkowksi. He is a great mix of blocking and receiving. A great route runner that gives either Nick Foles or Gardner Minchew a reliable TE over the middle.
8. Detroit Lions: Re-Draft: DT Ed Oliver, Original Pick: TE TJ Hockenson
Now that Hockenson is off the board at this point they take the best player in the draft with Ed Oliver. Buffalo made a great pick with Oliver. Oliver is getting to the QB with a bunch of pressure and is bringing the buffalo bill defense to a whole another level then it was before getting Oliver.
9. Buffalo Bills: Re-Draft: WR Mecole Hardman, Original Pick: DT Ed Oliver
T he thing that will take this Buffalo team to top 10 team in the league is if they had some playmakers on the outside that would let QB Josh Allen, who has one of the strongest arms in the league, air it out. With their best receiver being Cole Beasley who is best at short routes, hardman will bring a perimeter receiver that can blow the rough off the defense.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers- Re-Draft: CB DeAndre Baker, Original Pick: LB Devin Bush
The problem with the Steelers defense is the play of their secondary. They are giving up big plays on the outside and need to upgrade at that position.