Some of The Most Anticipated Tours of 2020

Robin Blassberg A&E Editor

2020 is filled with many new and exciting music releases which can only mean one thing: tours. Read on to see if your favorite artist is among some of the most anticipated artists going on tour this year.

Taylor Swift is going above and beyond everyone’s expectations by creating and headlining her own festivals, called Lover Fest, to pay homage to her recent album, “Lover.” The tour spans April 5 to Aug. 1, beginning in Atlanta, GA and ending in Foxborough, MA. It is separated into Lover Fest East and Lover Fest West, and will not only feature Swift, but will also include performances from many other big names in the industry. On social media, Swift wrote, “The Lover album is open fields, sunsets, +SUMMER. I want to perform it in a way that feels authentic. I want to go to some places I haven’t been and play festivals. Where we didn’t have festivals, we made some.” It is sure to not disappoint Swift fans, and fans of summery pop music alike. 

Another highly anticipated tour is coming from Billie Eilish. Her extremely popular album, “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” came out last year and she is still riding the momentum of its massive success. Beginning in March, Eilish will be embarking on an arena tour through North America, South America, and Europe. The teen singer’s concerts, while sometimes disturbing, are always full of energy. Eilish will be sure to not disappoint. 

With the release of his newest album, “Changes,” after a four year hiatus, Justin Bieber will be going on a spring/summer/fall tour in North America. This comes after having to cancel the final dates of a global tour in 2017 due to his “soul and well-being,” according to his manager Scooter Braun. Due to this anticipation, it will be interesting to see how Bieber acts under pressure.

To everyone’s surprise, American rock band My Chemical Romance reunited after seven years in Los Angeles, CA on Dec. 20, 2019 for a reunion concert. This elicited quite the response out of fans, with people camping outside of the venue for days in advanceThey then extended this to a tour through Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. On Jan. 29, they announced a North American tour. The fans of the band have always been committed, even throughout the band’s split, so the anticipation is high with this tour.

Three out of five members of former boyband One Direction will also be blessing listener’s with their presence. Harry Styles, Niall Horan, and Louis Tomlinson will all be  touring North America this year. Styles found much success with his latest album, “Fine Line.”  Tomlinson will be touring in support of his debut album, “Walls.”  Horan will be joined by Lewis Capaldi  and Fletcher to tour his second studio album. Surely fans of the  band will have a tough time deciding who to see.  

Among other acts going on tour is: Tame Impala, Vampire Weekend, Green Day, Schoolboy Q, King Krule, and Bikini Kill.