Concert Tour Updates

Jennifer Zuniga A & E Editor

Let’s face it, our summer days used to consist of enjoying our favorite artists live in concert, but then things changed when COVID-19 came. Concerts hold significance when it comes to enjoying a day with your friends or family while listening to songs from your favorite artist. You no longer had to lay on your bed only being able to listen to them on your music streaming platforms, but instead find yourself jamming with others who enjoyed the same artist as you. 

Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, many concerts were either canceled or postponed to next year. This created devastation around the world. This had to do with the safety of everyone, especially because concerts are typically in an arena with large numbers of raving fans. There is absolutely no way that someone could safely social distance themselves when they are inside. 

There are concerts that have been postponed until next year until we figure out a vaccine for COVID-19. According to Billboard, the following are some of concerts happening in 2021: 

On January 29th, Avril Lavigine will be starting her Head Above Water World Tour in Japan.

In February, Snoop Dogg will go on his U.K. & Ireland I Wanna Thank Me Tour, alongside Warren G, Tha Dogg Pound, Obie Trice, D12 and Versatile.

Michael Bublé will take an extended raincheck on his An Evening With Michael Bublé U.S. Tour, beginning in early February and wrapping late in March. 

Harry Styles’ plans to go on his  Love On Tour with his special guest King Princess from February-March.’     

Green Day postponed the Asian leg of the band’s own tour to March. The Weeknd announced on his Instagram that he postponed The After Hours Tour, featuring special guests Sabrina Claudio, Don Toliver and Black Atlass, until June 2021. 

Justin Bieber’s world tour has been rescheduled for next summer, starting on June 2, 2021 and ending on August 15.

Guns N’ Roses rescheduled its 2020 North American tour that was originally set to kick off July 4, according to the hard rock band’s Twitter announcement.

Elton John has postponed his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour — shows from March 26-May 2 have been pushed to 2021.

J. Cole’s Dreamville Festival, initially slated for April 4 in Raleigh, NC, has rescheduled its second annual event for Aug. 29.

Although nothing is for certain when it comes to COVID, please stay tuned for more postponed concert tour dates.