Sports

Gym Is Open and Intramurals Are a Go!

Aline Silva Staff Writer

Eastern students are buzzing on campus because sports are back! The gym is open for basketball until September 30 and will have a capacity of 30 people. Anyone who wants a chance to play needs to bring their own ball and wear a mask while playing. The gym will be open between 2:00-4:00 p.m. on Monday and Wednesday and 3:30-5:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. It will be on a first come, first serve basis, so students will need to sign-in in the lobby of the gym.   

Eastern is offering intramural sports leagues for fall. The leagues include sand volleyball, lawn game tournaments, tennis, golf and so much more. There will be a regular season for each league followed by a bracket style playoff tournament. More information about dates, times, and league descriptions, as well as registration for each league can be found on the IMLeagues website. This fall, Eastern is offering both in-person and virtual classes of fitness classes. From Warrior Bootcamp to Core Barre to Flow Yoga, there is something for everyone! In person classes will be at the Mansfield Athletic Complex and the virtual classes will be on WebEx. More information can be found on the recreation page on the Eastern website. 

The pool is officially open but also has limited capacity of 12 swimmers at once. The pool will be open Monday-Friday with two slots available from 2:00-2:45 p.m. and 2:45-3:30p.m. A total of 24 slots are available per day. In order to go there you must first sign up on a excel spreadsheet that was sent out as an email on Sept. 4, 2020. Sign-ups are required to be done by 1 P.M. on the day you want to swim. No equipment will be available and social distancing in the locker room and pool deck is required.