Sports

Lakers are NBA Champions

Fernando Jeronimo Sports Editor

The Los Angeles Lakers are the 2019-20 NBA Champions. They have won their 17th NBA title which now ties the Celtics for the most titles by a team all-time. The last time the Lakers won was during the 2009-10 season. The Lakers beat the Miami Heat in Game 6, 106-93 to win the series 4-2.

LeBron James had great success throught the season all the way up to the title which allowed him to be the 2019-20 MVP. James now has his fourth Finals MVP. At 35 years old it does not look like he is slowing down and will help out the Lakers for the next 2 seasons under his contract with them and then being set to become a unrestricted free agent in 2022.

As for head coach Frank Vogel, it was his first year coaching the team and what more to celebrate your first year with an NBA Title. Congratulations to the Lakers, it was their best possible tribute to Kobe Bryant after him and his daughter’s tragic death in January.

As for the NBA as a whole, the commissioner and the league put together a very successful bubble to allow the playoff teams to play and have a great title ceremony.